"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

February 10, 2012

Practically Speaking: Happy Valentines Day!

Maybe its the bleary winter weather and we want a party, or maybe we're really rowdy Greeks after all. Regardless, our family has a sweet passion for Valentine's Day. My dad gave me my first rose and my first box of chocolates when I was 8 years old. As I grew, my family usually exchanged cards with each other. Homemade notes were the favorite. By the time my senior year of high school, Valentine's Day became an all out lasagna dinner with lots of candles, decorations, and flowers. These days, with all the in-laws and extra friends, our numbers have easily doubled round the table, except now you're required to wear a red shirt if you want dessert (its worth it, trust me). The longer I live, the more I value the passionate family love we all share: God's greatest gift of grace. This sweet time makes Valentine's Day one of our favorite holidays. Celebrate with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment