"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

February 13, 2012

Book Review: The Scrapbook of Francie Pratt, by Caroline Preston

Browsing the "new books" section at the library one afternoon, I found this jewel. I've never seen anything quite like it, and its the closest thing I've come to pop-up book in my adult years. Each page is high gloss, artistically detailed scrap booking, scanned into book format (see sample below).


The words telling the story are very minimal, giving you a graphic novel feel. The best part is that it is too long to read in one sitting--you'll have to keep coming back for more. This novel is more of an experience than just an average story. Its rather much like thumbing through your great-grandmother's favorite scrap books, with ordinary stories that are now part of your own heritage. Highly recommend purchasing this book, as well as connecting with the author's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment