"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

October 29, 2011

Living in the Now: Seek His Face



This verse has been on my heart a lot in the last few days. I need this reminder as I have such an "off" day that I could really damage some relationships. I want to remember that this means the Lord is able to be sought, continually. God's desire is for my best, and this command can be fulfilled. Holding onto this truth demands that I must let go of the lie that I have to wait until my "to do list" and "check list" are fulfilled. I'm in His presence, right now, humbly.

Psalm 105:4


Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!

I appreciate the reminder from Matthew Henry,
Our devotion is here stirred up, that we may stir up ourselves to praise God. Seek his strength; that is, his grace; the strength of his Spirit to work in us that which is good, which we cannot do but by strength derived from him, for which he will be sought. Seek to have his favour to eternity, therefore continue seeking it while living in this world; for he will not only be found, but he will reward those that diligently seek him.

No comments:

Post a Comment