"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

March 21, 2012

Precious Life with my Brother

Today is World Down Syndrome Day.  Wrestling with the best way to show a complete picture of life with my 10-year old brother with down syndrome (up syndrome!), I've rediscovered the depth of his intuition, the free love he extends to the known and unknown, and the crazy sense of humor he proudly displays.  To me, grieving his lack of normalcy is like grieving that you and I are not exactly the same.  He is a bearer of God's image in ways that are special--and completely unique--to him.  Ask me sometime, and I'll tell you more about this.

In the meantime, check out these videos for a broader picture than what I can paint.

This video is such a godly, true picture of my brother that it gives me goosebumps:


This documentary is superb, following the journey of young worshiping Lior:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment