"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

March 12, 2012

Book Review: Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook

Disclaimer: It takes a lot of courage to say Martha Stewart is my homekeeping hero, since many of my dearest friends would rather die than read a word by Omnimedia. Let me just say I love that her ideas, her recipes, her plans, always work the first time. No adjustment needed. Brilliant!

Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook is the ultimate, hefty bible for more than you ever wanted to know. I suggest buying this book for those upcoming wedding showers, as it is sleek, beautiful, practical, and timeless. Hardbound and heavy enough to kill an intruder, illustrations and instructions are given for organization, cleaning, maintenance, and planning. The stress and money saved by properly caring for your possessions will be well worth the read, and well worth the gifting. The charts are easy to use, fully comprehensive, and are simple to follow. The black and white illustrations are beautiful enough to frame. If anything, let this guide help you create space to be in your lovely home. As the dedication states,
"To all mothers and daughters,
fathers and sons
who have a room, an apartment,
or a home to care for."  

That's pretty much all of us. By far, this is the best of Martha Stewart. My hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment