Start the new year off with a plan to celebrate family and loved ones! Create your own holiday binder so that generous space is created for family milestones. With a centralized plan, traditions can be remembered and future ideas can be saved. Use your binder in the weeks leading up to, during, and following a holiday.
- Buy a 3", 3-ring binder and 10 subject index tab system--or larger. Zip lock binder baggies are helpful for loose recipes and notes, too.
- Label your index tabs in sequential order. I start with the church new year of Advent, but do what works for you. Try Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Valentines, Easter, Pentecost, Birthday, Gifts, Seasons (winter, spring, summer, fall).
- Make a basic outline for each holiday (traditions, favorite foods, etc.). Re-use templates that help you plan ahead. Always make extra copies for next holiday!
- During the holiday, check your plan and make adaptations as needed.
- After the holiday, make notes of what worked, what didn't work, and if there is something you hope to add next year. Even a sticky note is a helpful memory jog 365 days from now!