"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

December 30, 2011

To Be: 2012 New Year Resolution

 Sometimes I have a hard time writing resolutions of who I want to be, rather than what I want to do in a new season. Even as a 9 year old, I was setting goals on new year's eve. Usually it was a determined resolution to write in my journal daily, pray to God more often, read at least two chapters of my bible every day, obey my parents more sincerely,  and...

In this new year, 20 years later, I want to learn to be. I'm tired of doing. I want to live face to face with my Father. Be quick to listen. Be worshipful in the mundane. Be in relationship with Him every breathing moment. Be in His presence.

What about you: how will you be more, and do less?

No comments:

Post a Comment