"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

November 25, 2011

Practically Speaking: Denture tablets and soaking

Found a new trick for denture cleaning tablets. Old tricks include dropping them in funny shaped flower vases for a deep clean, or soaking them in funky smelling plastic containers. Gathering used glass bottles for reuse, I have found the cleansing tablets completely dissolve old labels with no scrubbing. A minor miracle, as you surely know. Now I can keep nice old jelly jars, syrup jars, and salad dressing jars! I use this brand (on left) since it is usually cheap. Store the tablets with your clean vases, or with your dish soaps.


1. Find a container that can completely engulf your glass bottle to be recycled. A large, tall pot works well.
2. Place used glass bottle inside container.
3. Fill large container with warm water.
4. Drop in one or two cleansing tablets--depending on the size of the label. Let soak for several hours.
5. Take old glass container out, and wipe any excess label or glue with a paper towel.

Its a good reminder that I need to soak in God's presence, to loosen grime and re-purpose my old ways. Soaking takes time, little agitation, and quiets your heart to see the God who is now-here. Check out this soaking prayer website for just a start.

God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing.
   You have bedded me down in lush meadows,
      you find me quiet pools to drink from.
   True to your word,
      you let me catch my breath
      and send me in the right direction. 
--The Message, Psalms 23:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment