"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

November 3, 2011

Practically Speaking: Corners of Your Field

“Now when you reap the harvest of your land you shall not reap to the very corners of your field, nor shall you gather the gleanings of your harvest. Nor shall you glean your vineyard, nor shall you gather the fallen fruit from your vineyard; you shall leave them for the needy and for the stranger. I am the LORD your God.”    —Leviticus 19:9-10

If you are from the Knoxville area, keep this in mind during the upcoming season of giving. I've been purging the unwanted and generally unused items from my closets as we prepare for the upcoming holiday season. While I have normally made donations anonymously, I appreciate that KARM  has provided this branch of ministry. By denoting my church when I making my donation, my church will receive points for these donations. Once my church has received a certain number of points, my church will receive a gift certificate to distribute to our benevolent ministries. By giving in my church's name, KARM commits to giving back to the community long-term. Its a win-win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment