"I find myself wondering again and again what it would be like actually to live every moment of one's life with an awareness of God..." D. Allen

February 21, 2012

Book Review: A Violent Grace, Michael Card

Looking for a fresh devotional that teaches your heart the depth of Christ's love? Pick this up for your Lenten and Easter season. Michael Card has lyrically woven scripture, experience, and simple prayers. In the spirit of his song, "Why", Card journeys through Christ's birth, temptation, suffering, and resurrection. God has used Card in my life to shape my heart through his artful, powerful lyrics, and this book is no different. Find your copy on amazon.com

"Dietrich Bonhoeffer defined 'cheap grace' as grace without the cross. In these scalding pages, Michael Card touched my heart with the love of Christ crucified and led me to an unprecedented appreciation of undeserved grace." --Brennan Manning, author of The Ragamuffin Gospel

No comments:

Post a Comment